Basic Non-feedback DC Speed Control
For use in applications that do not require closed loop speed control feedback.
Use with many older Blodgett ovens and Lincolns with Bodine motor
- 115 V or 230V input
- Selectable 0-90VDC or 0-130V or 0-180Voutput
- Motor HP of 1/8 - 2 HP
- Use with 5k or 10k, 3 terminal potentiometers
- 1/4 inch (quick connect) terminals
- Packaged with free unwired 10k single turn potentiometer
- Use with external fuse - 2A(1/10HP) 3A(1/8HP)
- (optional) 100V field voltage for older shunt motors like the 30-year-old Lincoln 1000 motor
- On board adjustments for: Min/Max speed, Acceleration and Current limit.
- Isolated potentiometer voltage supply
- Works well with most Blodgett ovens with brushed motor
- Origin USA (Made in USA) US origin may reduce duties
- Dimensins: 110mm x 92mm x 40mm
Sale of this Item is limited to qualified technicians. Instructions includes input fuse selection table. Speed kit includes instructions on how to adjust built-in current limit (torque limit). Circuit is designed to save your conveyor components (including motor) during a stall condition.
Replacement control for:
- Bodine 250
- Blodgett KB KBIC
- Dart 125DVC-K
- Js25/PS250 Oven control #28074-0022
- Rockwell 431-00037
May be used for many applications including:
- Blodgett 3270
- Middleby JS250
- Lincoln conveyor Bodine
- Bagel machines and Mixers.
B DC - Basic Motor Speed Control
1. Install external fuse between AC power and L1 terminal (see Table 1). Fuse both L1 & L2 for 220V use.
2. Set top board switch to 115 position (120V AC line voltage). Set bottom board switch to 90 position (0-90V out)
3. Wire per Figure 1 below. F1 and F2 (Field) connections are only for shunt wound motors not permanent magnet motors.
4. Set board Torque for 150% of motor current rating (see torque trimpot adjust instructions below)
This product should be installed by a qualified technician, electrician or electrical maintenance person familiar with its operation and
the hazards involved. Proper installation, which includes wiring, mounting in proper enclosure, fusing or other current protection and
grounding, can reduce the chance of electric shock, fires or explosion in this product or other products used with this product, such as
electric motors, switches, coils, solenoids and relays. Eye protection must be worn when working with this product. This product is
constructed of materials that may be a potentially hazard. Proper shielding, grounding and filtering of this product can reduce the
emission of radio frequency interference which may adversely effect sensitive electronic equipment. If information is required on this
product, contact the factory. It is the responsibility of the individual installer to supply this safety warning to the ultimate user of this
product. This control contains electronic start/stop and inhibit circuits, which may inhibit the voltage to the motor. However, these circuits
are never to be used as a safety disconnect, since they are not fail-safe. Use only the AC line for this purpose. Fire and/or electrocution
can result due to improper use of this product. Warning, operation of this device requires detailed installation and operation instructions
provided in the Installation/Operation manual intended for use with this product. It should be retained with this device at all times.
Maximum Electrical Rating and Limitation of Use
· Input Rating: (per 508C-54.1A) 120VAC, 5Amp, single phase, 50 / 60 Hz line voltage
· Output Rating: (per 508C-54.1b) 0 to 90VDC at maximum average load current of 5 Amp (1/4HP)
· Overload protection: (per 508c-56.1) Unit is not protected from overload condition. User must provide line fuse.
· Over Speed Protection: (per 508c-56.1) Device does not provide over-speed protection for failed components within the
· Catalog number: (per 508C-55.1c) 23001
· Temperature Rating: (per 508C-55.6) Maximum Surround Air Temperature 45°C /113°F at full rating
· Wire type (per 508c-60.8) Use Copper Conductors Only. Wire motor and AC input terminals using 14 AWG copper conductors.
· Wiring Torque (per 508c-60.11) Terminal clamping screws should be tightened to 7 in-LBS
· Power Source: (per 508C-56.4, 57.2) AC power to the controller must be fused to limit maximum inrush current to3A.
· Motor Type: Unit is designed for permanent magnet brush type DC motors, or shunt wound motors.
· Warning: Bonding of chassis ground is not automatic and must be provided as part of installation. End product must be
grounded with designated wire from chassis to earth ground at electrical box.
· Enclosure: Unit must be mounted in a protective enclosure where it will not be exposed to contaminants such as water, metal
chips, solvents or excess vibration. Enclosure should be at least 1-1/2 times size of the drive and comply with UL50 standards.
· Control Circuit Protection: Device requires external fuse, selected to match the motor and application.
· Maintenance/Repair (per 508C-6.4.2) Drive unit contains no user serviceable parts.
Recommended Fuse Sizes (external fuse is required)
Horsepower Max Armature Current AC Line Fuse Amps
Field Output Connection - Normally Not Used (shunt wound motors only)
Line Voltage Field Voltage DC Connect Field To
115 50VDC F1 and L1
115 100VDC F1 and F2
Torque Trimpot Adjust
The torque should be set to 150% of the motor nameplate current rating.
1. With power disconnected from the drive, connect a DC ammeter in series with the armature.
2. Set torque trimpot to minimum (full CCW).
3. Set the external speed adjust potentiometer to maximum speed.
4. Carefully lock the motor armature. Be sure the motor is firmly mounted.
5. Apply power. The motor should be stopped
6. Slowly adjust the Torque trimpot CW until the armature current is 150% of rated motor current.
7. Turn the external speed adjust potentiometer to minimum speed (fully CCW).
8. Remove power.
9. Remove the stall from the motor.
10. Remove the ammeter in series with the motor.
Min Spd Trimpot Adjust
The minimum speed trimpot establishes the motor speed obtained in response to the minimum
potentiometer adjustment. It is factory adjusted to to zero speed (full CCW). This trimpot may be adjusted
to allow the motor to turn at a predetermined minimum speed, when the user has adjusted the external
speed potentiometer to minimum. Warning – Setting this to maximum will result in speed that is not
adjustable with the external pot.
Max Spd Trimpot Adjust
The maximum speed trimpot establishes the motor speed obtained in response to the maximum user
potentiometer adjustment. It is factory adjusted to maximum speed (fully clockwise). This trimpot may be
adjusted to limit the motor speed. Warning – Setting this to minimum will result in no output to motor.
IR Comp Trimpot
The IR compensation trimpot setting determines the degree to which motor speed is held steady under
varying loads. If set too low, the motor speed will drop when loaded to 100% of rated load. If set too high,
the motor speed will oscillate. IR Comp is factory set for optimum motor regulation and should not be
The acceleration setting determines the time the motor takes to ramp to a higher speed. Turning the
trimpot CW will decrease acceleration and CCW will increase acceleration. The ACCEL trimpot is factory
adjusted for maximum acceleration (full CCW).
The deceleration setting determines the time the motor takes to ramp down to a slower speed. The
deceleration trimpot is factory set to the fastest deceleration time (full CCW).
- Additional Information
Barcode 0610922172947 Manufacturer eZone Brand eZone Type Catering Equipment Parts Sub-Type Motors and Gears MPN EZ00959 Unit Quantity 1 Unit Type Unit